Champix

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’m on day 14 of Champix. I quit smoking a few days ago, which is good.

I feel awful, which is bad.

I’m nauseous pretty much all the time, and it seems to be getting worse.( not easy as I’m a chef).

I’m not sleeping well, very restless and uncomfortable.

I can cope with these symptoms but I’m finding it very hard to cope psychologically. I’m so down, anxious, paranoid, irritable and sad.

Already my relationship is in trouble, my partner is avoiding me, he can’t cope with how down I am.

I am determined not to smoke so I keep taking the pills. I realise that it’s the pills making me feel like this any when I stop taking them I’ll be ok. 

I’m worried about how long I need to take them for, I can’t imagine feeling this way for 12 weeks or more. My partner will be gone way before then. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sal, huge congratulations on stopping...the only way is up, I promise!

I used champix to stop too, its a miracle drug. Like you, I began to get headaches, nausea and vivid dreams.initially I thought at least it meant to pills were working. But it just got worse. I ended up reducing my dose by half. take your pills split into 12 hourly doses. Also take with food. It got a lot better. Try this and let me know how you get on. Always here to help. Xx

• Posted

Thanks Debbie for the advice. I don’t think I’m ready to reduce the dose yet as the urge to smoke is still so strong. 

It’s a catch 22 situation, the pills make me stressed, the stress makes me want to smoke... 

I think I need more time smoke free before I change the dose, I’m only 5 days without so far

• Posted

Can you split the dose and take smaller doses through the day? I think I was about 3 weeks in when I couldnt take the nausea any more. I think the dose thats prescribed is the same for a 9 stone person as someone double that size, so its understandable some of us can succeed with a lower dose. Keep in touch. All this will be worth it, stay strong, keep telling yourself youre a non smoker, you no longer pay money to poison yourself, you have fresh breath and your clothes smell lovely. Have a read of other champix threads on the site as there may be some good advice for you. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.