Change in Thyroxine dose

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, i am a 42yo male, approx 85kg.I have been on levo 150mcg daily for years.A few weeks ago i started suffering from pain in my joints(neck,shoulder,hip,small joints in hands).Got test done last week and results showed low TSH and high T4.My doctor has now dropped the dosage to 100mcg daily.I am only a few days onto the new dose and maybe expecting too much too soon but i am still getting pain on and off in some of my joints mainly left shoulder,left side of neck and left ear areas.If anything i thought my dose would be increased as i felt kinda undermedicated and also thought the drop from 150 to 100 was a lot.Maybe just coincidence but couple of months ago i noticed my packaging had changed from activis to accord bit i am told the ingredients are exactly the same.Will it take a few days/weeks for the levels to settle and this to subside?any advice would be greatly appreciated.Many thanks in advance.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi there,

has the change in dose worked for you?

It takes 2 to 6 weeks for the body to adjust to a new dose. Personally, I know where I stand with a dose after something like 8 weeks.

Also for me, reducing a dose is less critical than increasing in big steps.

Hope you are doing all right!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.