Change in weather

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just needed to vent. Yesterday it was sunny and 75. This morning it is 46 and rainy and by tonight it is supposed to snow. I feel like I got run over by a truck! Weather changes are a horrible trigger. My heels hurt, my elbows hurt, my shoulders hurt, my hands and ankles are swollen and my jaw hurts! I need to move somewhere with more consistant weather! I am supposed to take my daughter to a birthday party tonight and I can barely get out of my chair! This stinks. I just figured you guys would "get it". People who don't have RA just don't understand!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Paim I get it too...We keep changing from 80 deg to 30 deg there is

a big change in temps that causes the inflammation.Try a heating

pad it does help ease the pain.I feel for you with the party you

must go to when all you want to do is stay in.

• Posted

I have had 50'some and 60s, it was 29 this morning and my every joint is aching and throbbing. And just for fun it is supposed to snow. It's killing me

Best of luck to all!!!

• Posted

I agree completely. I have RA and I am recovering from bilateral hip replacement followed by breaking my femur and having that hip redone. I'm doing pretty well but we'll have a couple of warm days and I will feel great! Then Winter returns and it's back to the being stiff and more painful. Springtime please settle in!

• Posted

I agree with the weather, unfortunately I have it the opposite way, it's been unusually very hot here and I'm struggling with the heat.

Im part of a committee that has organised a 'high tea'  for this afternoon and I spent all afternoon yesterday baking and getting it ready and all this morning, more baking and making sandwiches. There are 30 guests to be pampered to in two hours and my ankles, knees and hips have seized up from standing too long. I feel like I've got concrete blocks on my feet and I'm exhausted. Your right when you say others don't understand, im sure if I said I was too exhausted to do it the others would let me know they've worked as hard as I have. They just don't get the level of exhaustion. When I first mentioned to them that I have RA four of the other ladies said 'oh I have that, like it was nothing! They have osteo.

Good luck finding some energy to take your Daughter to her party. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.