Changed bowel habits

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,  I have had a problem for almost 2 years now with no solution.

February 2015 - suffered sinus infection, antibitoics cleared this.

March 2015 - started suffering nausea, softer, paler coloured stools, going a few times a day when suffering from feeling sick.  I use to go to the toilet once every one or two days, solid, brown stools.

This nausea progressively became worse, lasts for several days, with my bowels still softer and paler, and urge to go at times.  My whole body feels like it takes a hammering every time, unable to eat, feeling so sick, feeling weak.  Then I recover and after a few days it looks like my bowels are returning to 'normal' the brown, solid way then I get hit again with the feeling sick and my bowels go strange again! 

I have had lots of tests in hospital looking at my stomach, all normal.  An xray showed inflammation of my small bowel but an MRI of my small bowel came back clear.  I have kept food diaries and nothing jumps out that I eat that seems to cause this.

I don't know what else to do?!  I am losing weight and no one knows what is wrong with me.  I am only 26.  It has taken over my life, I can never plan anything as I never know from one day to the next if I am going to be ok or ill.   

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

so sorry...have you had endoscopy and colonoscopy?
    • Posted

Hello, thanks for reading my post.

I have had an Endoscopy which came back normal however I have not had a colonoscopy. I feel like the doctors and the hospital have just concentrated on my stomach when I keep telling them my bowels are completely different and always go when I feel sick as if there is a connection somewhere.

I have an appointment at the hospital on 22nd December with gastroenterologist. I am hoping he can refer me for colonoscopy. I feel like my bowel needs examined. Does it sound like something could be wrong there?

Thanks,

Lorne

• Posted

pale stool means things are passing quickly...I don't necessarily think anything is wrong.. but I do think checking in with a gastroenterologist is a good idea.

• Posted

Hello,

Yes my doctor did mention last time I was there that it sounds like stuff maybe passing through to quickly. I will say to the Gastroenterologist when I see him. I am hoping something is wrong. Just at that stage where I want something to my wrong so I have an answer and can get cured!!

Thanks again

• Posted

have you tried eating "slow down" foods? Macaroni and cheese, pasta, cheese, potatoes...things that could make one constipated?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.