Changes in bulging disc pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been discussing a L/4L/5/S1 disc bulging symptoms and diagnosis from doctor my pain has been severe central back running up to shoulder blades down into bum and halfway down one leg but now my pain has changed all of a sudden after 4 weeks into when I stand up my feet get all tingling sensation sore and feel cold my legs keep giving way on me and my central back isn't as sore but upper back is worse pain comes and goes in bum groun area anyone else had these sorts of strange systems regards Wayne

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hello Wayne50901

Sorry to hear that. I do get the cold legs and the pain, so I use heat on mine.I do get numbness too usually in bed though. My pain had changed too, am going to contact my surgeon to see what he says,

• Posted

See the surgeon again on Thursday weird how the symptoms just change as they do
  • Posted

Hi there

Yes I'm having the same pains gets worse as days go by l4 l5 l5 s1 also having the pain running up mid bak and it starts burning even down legs and all lower extremities I have disc protrusion and annular tear on l4 and l5 lost fluid in the disc so it's black and damaged waiting for surgery soon but yip all the pains u feel are the same as I.

Are u seeing a neuro who can help with burning pain if u have

• Posted

Yeah I'm seeing a neuro surgeon again on Thursday he said he would operate if it wasn't better by than I also have annular tear and compression in canal my legs are very weak in the last few days the mid back pain has been particularly bad last few days

• Posted

Sounds like the discs are pretruding further out and compressing your nerves further. Watch out for your urinating! Might sound daft but if you stop peeing get to A&E pronto. Condition called Cauda Quina which is irreversible if not caught fast enough. The tingling and burning is nerve pain that has progressed from what you described in your other posts. Watch things very closely. If your legs keep giving way get yourself into A&E as well. Nerves once compressed take a long time to recover. The longer they are compressed the longer they take to recover if at all.

• Posted

Oh gosh I think it's the same problem I'm having my bladder gets soo full but wen I go to pee it takes me long to actually start as if the muscles are contracting

• Posted

Yeah that's what I've been starting to think I've been getting more symptoms like constipation sexual dysfunction the leg problems the peeing thing not that much but sometimes total loss of senses in bottom of feet tingling in the buttock area as well

• Posted

Get to A&E. If you have loss of sensation in and around your anus area then it's time to get it fixed and pronto!

• Posted

I completely agree with Scott, nerve damage can be permanent. It sounds like you need to fix this problem quickly before you develop lasting symptoms like incontenance. I'm 5 weeks post spinal fusion on the L5S1 disc. My surgeon used the TLIF procedure with a cage. So far I'm very happy with the results. I'm already in less pain than I was in before surgery, and I have regained sensation in the nether regions that had compromised my sexual pleasure.. I had avoided surgery for over a decade, and although its too soon to know if the bone will fuse and therefore if it was successful, at the moment I feel like I should have done this years ago. It's really important to find a highly experienced surgeon though. Good luck! Hope you find the right fix for your problems and are pain free soon.

• Posted

Those are common symptoms for someone with a bulging disc in that area. If you haven't tried these already, ask your doctor about taking a 7 day regiment of steroid pills and/or a steroid injection in your spine. These are called ESI (epidural steroid injection) or facet joint injection to calm down inflammation. Acupuncture may also give you temporary relief. Hope this helps, Wayne.

• Posted

Wayne,

I would recommed looking into a minimally invasive surgery called the "GELFIX", I have heard people say this procedure completely changed their lives for the better, just go to youtube and type: Gelfix placement - back pain, you will find some very usefull information on there as well as a few testimonials. I think you need to act fast before your conditions worsens, the Gelfix is definitley a very good solution to your problem, I just hope more people new about this procedure.

All the best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.