Changing from Lisinopril/hctz to just Lisinopril

Posted , 4 users are following.

Since my doctor changed my blood pressure med from Lisinopril/hctz to just Lisinopril I have had flushing of the face and neck and itching welts (like hives) on upper neck below face. I dont know if this is from switch in medicine or something else. Anyone else ever have this problem? Its still Lisinopril just without the hctz.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My md increased my lisinopril from 25 bid to 50 bid and I too had itching. My fingers, hands, and feet. She dropped me back to 25 bid and doubled my metropolis instead. However, that regimen is not working.
  • Posted

Penni76268,  Anytime you have any type of reaction to any medication, prescription or over the counter, supplement as well,  you must call your doctor and speak to him/her and inform them of all reactions.  Please call your doctor or go to Emergency room or walk in clinic.  You can develop allergic reactions at any time to any medications or supplement.  Hives are considered a pretty serious reaction as they can also happen on the inside of your throat and inside your mouth so if i were you I'd call As soon as possible and don't take the medication again, but you must see your doctor or go to ER or walk in.  Just so you know I am not a doctor, but if a medication causes severe reactions such as swelling, hives or if you have trouble breathing, you should stop it and go get emergency treatment...Best to you...

• Posted

The answer to this is obvious. It depends on how often you take the new medication and looking at the results. In any case consult your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.