Chest pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys, I've been having chest pain right on my bottom left rib, it's not that bad but I fear that the slight pain I have might be a serious disease. I'm short of breath most of the time and I just had Bronchitus. I'm not sure what this might be, since I get the pain almost every day and in that one place. Also I get other slight pains in my stomach area and right side.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dude I get the same thing. I've had a pain on my left side right under my nipple for a couple of months now. I fear it's my heart even tho it's been clear I also get weird pains in my stomach when I sit. I get light headed from time to time. The pain is terrible and is always there. Im a shell of my former self. They found out I have severe gerd and am on medication but it hasn't helped. If you find anything out let me know. The pain is terrible and there 24/7

• Posted

It sponds like the bronchitis hasn't cleared up and may be turning into pluerisy. Most people only get pain in the heart area very severely if they are having a TIA (mini-stroke) but the pain goes down the left arm as well. I suggest you return to your GP (or Primary Care Doctor) for an x-ray or at least him/her listening to your chest to make sure the bronchitus hasn't got worse and will then put you on a broad spectrum antibiotic. 

It may be nothing to do with the bronchitis, but the start of an irritable bowel. 

Either way, your doctor can prescribe the right medicine or send you for tests to see if it's IBS or acid reflux or just an infection in your lungs which is escalating.

Hope you get better soon, regards, Val.

• Posted

I did have pain down my left arm but it has gone away since then. They've done a ton of tests. Echo stress cat scan on my lungs. They checked my liver my spleen appendix kidneys and have run multiple blood tests. They just keep telling me they think it's a torn muscle or cartilage around my ribs. I'm a 20 year old male by the way. I've been on antibiotics and steroids as well. They thought u had bronchitis awhile ago but they checked for pneumonia and all that as well already.

• Posted

Sorry Dominic, if you have had a blood test, this would have shown up a TIA and if they have checked for pneumonia, then any bronchitis has definitely cleared up. I would have thought the CT scan would have shown up any torn muscles etc. and as you are only 20 yr old, perhaps you have a trapped nerve. I hope not, though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.