Chest pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I really need answers and hope someone can relate. I have pain under the ribs on the left side. it is worse when I sit for a while, improves when I walk around but can move into my back - around the left shoulder blade. sometimes a little tender at the side (floating ribs). This condition was suggested to be by a doctor before, but on that occasion the pain was on the other side.

I have been to the doctor many times and to a&e and all bloods etc. are normal.

I also am currently having an IBS flare up and terrible fatigue. I am terrified that it is something sinister such as pancreatic cancer. Fybromiralga has also been suggested by the doctor and I am seeing an autoimmune consultant privately on Saturday.

can anyone relate to these symptoms. I am so worried.

thanks x

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Apart from the IBS, you could be describing exactly my symptoms wrt left side pain in ribs. I had ECG etc done a couple of years ago, but no prob with heart (then). Will be getting another check-up in a couple of weeks, and yes am also worried.

I think it is more costochondritis flare-up, but better to get it checked it up

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.