Chest pain after cystoscopy removal of stone and stent.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had a surgery to remove a kidney stone, and they placed a stent in... the night after the surgery I started feeling short of breath, and was having pain from my pelvis up to my kidney. This pain will be shooting sometimes stabbing pains they removed the stent a week after and I thought the pain would go away but 4 months have gone by and I have intermittent pain but most of it is around my heart region. I've had every heart test under the sun which is normal. I'm just curious if anyone else has ever experienced pain like this after surgery... I have been checked for blood clots as well.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi I've also had the stent put in and stones removed only four weeks ago and your right it does cause shortness of breath and the pain below is unbearable I'm due to go in and get a further 3 kidney stones removed so they can't remove the stent as yet . I really wish I never had this stent fitted it's been a nightmare from what I've read the pain and shortness of breath will remain

• Posted

I feel your pain! I feel awful for you I had the stent in for a week and then it was removed! And since I've had it removed the pain is less... but I've had chest pains around my heart another thing when I first got it removed they found I had a little pericardial effusion and I think it must have been because the kidney stone was stuck in my ureter it was an emergency surgery for me because it was causing an infection... I've had surgery to remove stones before this was my first time with a stent. I will never EVER get a stent put in again as it was probably the most pain I have ever felt. I heard so many people say the worst part was getting it taken out, that was the easiest part for me! Lol having it in was awful and now I still have pains down my rib cage every time I went to the bathroom I as clenching on to anything I could so I'm not sure if I'm havjbngnleft over pain it's been 4 months I have looked up if anyone has experienced chest pains and things like that and have not found any answers and my doctors are baffled. I feel like no one is taking me serious. I was abnormal healthy 26 year old before this and now I feel like my life has been flipped upside down. I hope you find comfort as well! Best of luck you're not alone!

• Posted

I had stent put in two days and now I have chest pain when I try move or get up from bed. Not sure if should go back hospital
    • Posted

I’m not sure either, any chest pain is considered serious but what I can tell you is I went into the hospital multiple times with the stent in and post stent with chest pains and they couldn’t find anything. I still have random chest pains... hang in there I’d say if it gets bad go, but if it’s just when you’re moving it’s probably just your muscles! It sucks I hope it gets better for you! 
  • Posted

Interesting....I had a stent removed yesterday, and in the evening I noticed that I had trouble catching my breath and my heart was pounding fast. It came out of nowhere too. I was simply walking out to check the mail. As for the pain, I had mild to moderate flank pain last night along with pain urinating and pain in the groin area. As of this morning(10:30am in Oregon USA), I have no pain so far. I will keep you posted over the coming days and weeks....
  • Posted

hi i know this is a really old post. i have just had a stone and stent removed 5 days ago and also feeling the chest pains out of nowhere. did you find out what caused yours and how long till it stopped

• Posted

hi, i know this is an old post but i just had 3 stones removed and a stent removed this past Tuesday. it is Thursday of the same week, and ive been having chest pain in the heart area. I don't know why, don't know what to do. seems like this is more common than not. did anyone else get any further answers?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.