chest pain, costochodritis or something else?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 25 years old and for 1 year now almost every day I have a strange pain - discomfort that stays under the breast and sometimes (not always) and pain - gripping in the back at the same level as the pain in front of the chest.

The chest pain is mostly mild dull deep, and it's still there even without movement, I can wake up for example in the morning and before I get up, it still hurts.

I have no sharp pain or pain when I move.

due to the very long duration I looked for it by doing a rib x-ray and a chest x-ray which showed nothing.

I'm up to 1 year of almost daily pain, often lasting for hours at a time, and I can't figure out what triggers it or what relieves it. It bothers me a little more and I feel heavier in the trunk and chest on the left where I have the pain every day and in twisting movements or at the end of a deep breath.

A few days ago I had an MRI of the thoracic spine and the opinion showed scoliosis but a small scoliosis.

I should also say that I have had a slight kyphotic posture all these years, but with the onset of the pain, I have noticed that I cannot have a proper posture.

I have to tell you that anti-inflammatory and painkillers do not relieve me at all and that I have not detected a painful point on palpation.

I would like your opinion, what could it be and why?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I am 19 years old, I have the same pain for 3 years, no result

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.