Chest pain, feel like im on the verge of a heart attack!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm a 23 year old male, I've been getting chest pains for the past 3 years when I first got diagnosed with anxiety. The problem is i get mine when i'm excercising too, I don't know if its cause im that scared of heart disease that my body just sees excercise as a trigger for anxiety symptoms or what! I've been biking to work every day the past week, 6 miles each way so 12 miles a day and i don't usually have any problems while im biking, its more the high intestiny sports like footballl where i can't go at my own pace. 

But i've been beating myself up about it this week, I went to the doctors yesterday again to explain everything and tell him how worried I am, but he just said that you're not in any of the risk factor groups, "your not the right age, you havent got crazy high chloestrol, you havent got crazy high blood pressure, you havent got any first degree relatives with heart disease" 

I've already had like 5 ecg's, a 72 hour ecg, an echocardiogram 2x stress ec'gs and referred to a cardioligist who cleared me. But i went yesterday to see if i could have more tests, more invasive tests if need be, if you google you see theres people who have clogged artiers but all there tests come back fine until they did an angiogram.

Somethings got to be wrong with me.. Yesterday i was even getting shooting pains in my jaw. Last night i felt like i was going to die, it's just horrible living like this. I said to the doctor so you just want me to carry on excercising through the pain? that's what the expect you to do.. Angina can happen in the 20s. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I suggest you seek advice from your gp.
    • Posted

I did, I went yesterday. He just said that i've had all the tests done on my heart and they all come back clear. Im not in the right age group etc
  • Posted

I've calmed a bit now, been doing research online all morning. 

Trying to convince myself that yes some people do have angina with normal test results, but that percentage must be small, but for then a 23 year old to have normal test results and have angina, it must be a stupidly small percentage. I'm going to try put it to the back of my mind. 

• Posted

Sounds like a panic attack and anxiety. Medicine can help alleviate this call a doctor. In the meantime you can do your own homework to help yourself like meditation, yoga, splash ice cold water on your face to distract your brain when you feel your having an attack.
    • Posted

.. forgot to add exercise!
  • Posted

Consider doing everything to support and strengthen your heart. Clinical trials document that supplementation with Selenium, CoQ10 (ubquinone) and vitamin D3 have all shown essential in supporting heart health in recent clinical studies (search studies by name: "Q-Symbio", "KiSel-10" and "VINDICATE"). Prevention is the greatest cure and the heart is your body's hardest working muscle. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.