Chest Pain from Frozen Shoulder

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there- I've had right side frozen shoulder for the last 3 months. I'm doing PT, had an ultrasound cortisone injection 2 weeks ago and getting a 2nd one next week (different part of shoulder). I have always slept on my right side but can't anymore, not on my left side either. About two weeks ago I started having intense chest pain, it usually starts right after I get a nasty "pang" of pain (overreach for a drink of water during the night, accidentally turn on side while sleeping, etc).

Side note: About 2 or 3 times a year I experience an esophageal spasm, an incredibly painful spasm in your chest that feels like you're having a heart attack. It's been addressed with a Gastroenterologist...don't want to get off on a tangent, the reason I'm mentioning it is that this recent pain I'm experiencing in my chest from my shoulder pain feels exactly like one of those spasms.

I now have them daily, I've woken up at about 4 am every morning due to shoulder and within 10 minutes the intense chest pain starts. It's brutal...almost worse than the shoulder pain. It typically lasts for an hour or two, I take a valium and it helps slightly. I am going to discuss with my ortho doc next week and also setting up an appt with a Gastroenterologist to see if it could be some kind of referred pain/reaction.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you! Brent

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

have any meds been prescribed for acid reflux. simple tums and there are OTC meds for that too. don't drink carbonated drinks, a big cause of acid reflux. also try to sleep with head above your stomach on your back and don't eat any food after 9 or 10 Pm in the evening before bed. it is hard at first but eventually you can train your body to make it work and sleep comfortably.

sleep on your back with comfortable head pillows and pillows under knees. you could try sleeping with a shoulder support holding arm in a safe position so it doesn't move or cause injury/pain during the night.

it may take a bit of practice to sleep on your back but it is the only way to prevent the issues with stomach and shoulder . listening to music or stories you enjoy thru ear phones can help distract the situation. . it took me a few nights to find a comfortable position. sometimes sleeping in a recliner can be more comfortable than a flat bed. recliners can be adjusted in several places. take anti iflams, also pain patch OTC and ice the shoulder helps. ask the doctor for pain meds to help control shoulder pain.

• Edited

hi brent

is it muscular spasms / pain you feel or different you will be Surprise how much the whole area is affected by the capsule freezing

colin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.