Chest pain on left side only?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm new to the whole GERD thing, and not 100% sure I have it. The doctor basically just said that I did, wants me to take meds for it, yet no tests were ordered.

For a while now I've had chest pains, but only on the left side. Is that part of GERD? Not long ago I thought I had silent reflux, which could still be possible since I don't seem to have the typical reflux symptoms, whatever typical is. I have had the globus sensation quite a bit, but recently found out that I have a deviated septum, and a cyst in the left maxillary sinus cavity. Those problems have caused the globus sensation, but only on the left side, whereas previously it was on both sides. Prior to my gallbladder removal in May, I was given a ppi, but only took one. It amped up my anxiety, which certainly wasn't needed. Now I was given Zantac, but it's been sitting on a shelf because I'm afraid to try it.

Sorry for the rambling. I'm just confused about the chest pains, and the whole refulx thing in general.

Kim

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Tesco you can get chest pains just one side in your back and even the one side of your throats have you tried eating a diet best for gerd no coffe teas fatty foods spices chocolate don't eat after 8 pm and please try the Zantac

• Posted

That should say yes not Tesco !
  • Posted

Yes! Do the Zantac but it does take awhile to kick in. Don't give up.

• Posted

It's just so strange to have pains on one side of the chest, but never any heartburn. I don't drink tea or coffee, but do drink soda on ice. There's so much to learn about this. I'm a carb junkie, don't care much for meat, but will eat chicken. Even the chicken has to be just the white meat, because I can't deal with skin, bone, tendons, cartilage or chunk of fat. lol

• Posted

I would cut out the soda as well that would be a problem try the Zantac I bet it helps and you will be ok taking them take one an hour before food
    • Posted

Yeah, the soda has to go. I just need the courage to try the Zantac. When I was given the prilosec, one pill caused my anxiety to hit the roof, so I'm leary of the stomach meds.

• Posted

JUST try one of the Zantac they are different from the mess you've were taking I had to try different things in taking zon ton fast tab and I sometimes have zantaci as well because I was told I could

• Posted

id say experment with anti inflammatory food/ exercise. 

try to dismiss the pain as non heart related as this is what caused me stress anxiety.

find what makes you relax

try not to sit down too much

​try brisk walking once every other day if you dont already exercise at a time where your not thinking about what you have to do next.

Avoid stress by managing it.

the ppi will help to releive pressure on your system but dont feel anxious taking them this has got to be pointless- i would probably not take them like you if i worried about taking them. Maybe try to think of them as short term help until you figure out what works? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.