Chest pain, tight throat, jaw and ear pressure, difficulty opening mouth wide.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello wondering if anyone has ever experienced these symptoms before?

I have had a few episodes where I get a really tight chest all over it then travels up to my throat and jaw and ears. The symptom that lasts the longest is extreme throat tightness like somone is strangling me. It lasts for about 5 hours.

From what I know I don't suffer from heart problems. I do have folate defficiency and a mild clotting disorder and PCOS. I had my thoroid checked about 4 months ago when I didn't have these smytpoms and it was fine. I have had the typical allergy tests and it shows I'm allergic to dust mytes. I know I am not good with garlic and onion. 

The previous time I experienced these symptoms I had just finished eating.

If someone could help me out with this it would be much appreciated, thank you smile

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry I am also very tired and hungry all the time and have missed my last period. Not pregnant. 
  • Posted

Hello Holly, firstly I would like to ask you, is there any pain associated with the episodes? Secondly are you on any medication for any condition, such as antidepressants,  major tranquilisers or any other medication?

There is any pain with the symptoms you describe and it lasts for as long as the other sensations I want you phone your GP today or if the pain lasts longer than 20 miutes phone 999 for an ambulance and describe the symptoms to them. It could be caused by narrowing of the arteries supplying the heart with blood. Better still phone the GP now and again tell the reseptionist what you have told me. Get it checked out. Indigestion lasts for up to anhour then you burp and feel better. If not please do as I say. NOW 

• Posted

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply. The only medication I take is active folate,magnesium and sometimes pro-biotics. Mild pain but mainly tightness and uncomfortable. I just ate again and straight after it I had the same symptoms. But radiating feeling in left arm.

Thank you.

• Posted

Going to my GP now.
    • Posted

Better safe the sorry Holly. ECG will show any abnormalities in the heart beat. I am sorry I sounded a little stern but the symptoms you discribed needed you to do something right away. Good luck Holly xx
  • Posted

Hi ,this might well be out of context ,,,,but last year I had a pain that went from my right ear down my face to my jaw into my neck and shoulder,

I had problems lifting my arm up To wash my hair etc ,and also eating was a big problem as I couldn't open my mouth properly or chew properly ,the pain was on and off ,and even through the night I was in pain I used to wrap a hot water bottle in a towel and place it under my face to ease the pain ,,,

this went on for a few months ,,,and yes I should have gone to the doctors, ,,,but i had had such a bad year with broken bones after falls, and my asthma that I couldn't face yet another visit to GP ,,,then one day ,,,,no pain ,

• Posted

Hi Nanny, do you take any psychiatric medication? Please reply. Peter thanks
    • Posted

Hi Nanny, if you read this post you will know what I was getting at.

If a person is on certain medication they can get a side effect called Tardie dykinesia. It is where the facial and jaw muscles around the mouth go very tight and sometimes painful, plus the tongue has a mind of its own. The person can over produce saliva. It is treated with a drug called Procyclidine. If not treated it could become permenant. That's all I wanted to know for. I am sorry that you felt that I was being sarcastic. regards Peter

• Posted

Spelling mistake I ment (Tardive dyskinesia) sorry Peter
    • Posted

Hi ,it seems I lost my sense of humour for a while ,sorry about that,,,

after reading up on line I think what I had was Trigeminal Neuralgia, or something like that ,apologies for being grumpy ,,,,,,,it's passed now ,

• Posted

No problems Nanny. I wasn'y offended best regards Peter.
  • Posted

Hi Holly. Glad you listened to Peter and went to the Doc. Let us know how you are getting on. Sounded pretty serious!
  • Posted

I have pain in my ears going down the side of my face and jaw and tightness in my chest can anyone tell me what it is and how to stop pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.