Chest Pains

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi to everyone

I am 50 years old

I have had a heart problem since 2008, this is when I had my first heart attack. The doctors told me that I had a genetic problem with the left side of my heart. I had a stent put in, unfortunately this failed after about 8 months. Unfortunately, there was not much else they could do at that time as the artery showed the problem of it splitting if thet tried to stent again. I was asked if I wanted a by-pass, I weighed up the options and said no. This was mainly because the consultants could not give me a high enough chance of it succeeding. This was 6 years ago and I am still here.

I use to go to the hospital regularly, because of my chest pains. I don't no more, as I feel a bit of a fraud because they either say they can not see anything or they turn round and say there is nothing we can do to give you a better life.

Anyway, my chest pains have become different, they start at where my heart is and go round to the back of the chest. My jaw is okay, as well as my teeth and left arm. The strange thing is is that if I have a hot drink, this tends to help it. Is this angina or just indejestion????

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, so sorry you have had these troubles. The pain you are describing could be angina but that is usually in the chest. You MUST go to your GP or A & E to get it checked out - dont ever feel it is a waste of time, of course it is worrying when you get symptoms like this but it's always best to get it investigated the earlier the better. If you find out it is angina there is a daily patch you can wear which really helps - my Mum wore them for years and had hardly any pain. All the best to you.
    • Posted

Thanks Linda346

Problem is, everytime I get it checked, there is nothing they can see.

Must be my body as I do remember going to the hospital just before my first heart attack, they could not see anything then !!!

Many thanks for your wishes and  your time.

All the best

Kevsmile

• Posted

Hi Kevin,

I am waiting Bypass surgery. When I walk 1 kilometer to the coffee shop I have to go slow and stop for a minute or 2 because I get mild angina just below my neck and mild headache. Both symptoms subside when I rest a moment. I sit and enjoy a small coffee and then when I walk back 1 Kilometer I have no symptoms at all. Still strolling not walking briskly. My husband and I have discussed how funny this is. Wonder if it is the coffee?

• Posted

Hi RVCruiser

Thanks for your comments.

I very hope that your by-pass goes well.

Let us know when you have had it

All the best

Kevinwink

• Posted

Thank you Kevin. I hope all is well with you. If your symptoms worsen, get an Angiogram and it will update you on your condition.
  • Posted

hi Kevin, I have microvascular spasms and coronary artery spasms both of these always show normal ecg and troponin levels this is how it gets missed mainly women have this but men can also get it, if ths is the case with you an angiogram will also show nothing. It is a hard battle with A&E doctors and even some Cardiologists to accept this as a diagnosis because it does't show on tests, if you are lucky enough to find one who believes it does exist then hold onto that if you have to go again to A&E. It is also said by them that it is impossible to see the micro vessels so wont consider it as fact. there is a section on here about Microvascular Angina enter it in the search box there is a lot of info on there. another helpful site is on facebook Heart Whisperers and Cohorts there you will find many people who fight for answers and recognition. Hope you go on ok and you have found answers   
    • Posted

Hi Linda

Very much apprieciate the information that you have given and I will certainly have a look.

Its nice, but unfortunate, to hear someone else that as had the same problems.

Thank you very much for your time.

Best wishes

Kevsmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.