Chest pains

Posted , 2 users are following.

So listen, I'm beginning to become mentally frustrated. Like I said before I'm a 38 yr old male,recently quit smoking 2 months ago cold turkey,weight is 300lbs. Eating habits are so so. So I've been dealing with chest pains for 3-1/2 months. I've been to the er several times. I'm being told it's anxiety,or withdrawal from quitting smoking, stress. I have slightly high blood pressure. I've seen a cardiologist which sent me for a stress test.but I'm being told that the only problem I have is high blood pressure. So why do I continue to get these pains that come and go daily. I has a upper GI endoscopy done,and everything looked great,so it's back to me wondering if I have a heart problem. So I went and had a second stress test done yesterday,this time they said I did above excellent. But when I left I felt like crap, my chest was achy, I felt like I had gas. I took a aspirin,abd are some tums,which made it better..... please someone help me.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What makes it better? Worse? Any other associated symptoms? Fatigue? Light headed? Shortness of breath?
    • Posted

No, no other symptoms. And they have yet to diagnose me. They say it could be muscular inflammation.....umm.... A typical chest pain.i was checked for blood clots in my lungs back in September, that chest x-ray showed nothing.

• Posted

Does it hurt with movements? Does it hurt to touch? If you can touch certain spots and illectit pain then your culprit is most likely muscular in nature. I'm sure doctors have tried to palpate your chest/sternum and ribs? You can feel around on your chest...pay special attention to the sternum and rib cage (both front and back) and see if you can recreate your pain. GI issues have basically been ruled out via endoscopic evaluation. If your pain comes on intensely and feels like a heart attack, you may want to query esophageal spasm. If your pain is almost constant and achy...dull and seems to be diffuse...and especially if your pain is also felt in either arm, jaw, upper back, shoulder blades, etc...you may want to look into small vessel disease/microvascular heart disease...especially with your history of hypertension. The best advice I will give you is to advocate for yourself and be relentless with your health...if you are not satisfied with the answers you are given.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.