Chest/Throat Pain Month After Endoscopy

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi,

I had an endoscopy November 28th. After the endoscopy, I had a very bad sore throat. The next day after the endoscopy, I had horrible throat and chest pain, almost unbearable. The pain had subsided but I get into pain doing so many things. It’s particularly in the middle of my chest and my esophagus. I cant talk in my normal voice or talk loudly. It hurts. It hurts to laugh. When I get excited or tense, it hurts and then I have trouble breathing. When I watch a movie or play a video game, my chest and throat really hurt. When I deeply focus on something, my chest and throat hurt. When I breathe deeply, it hurts. After going out, I’m in intense pain. I have never experienced these types of pains before. They only started after the endoscopy. They did take biopsies. I do experience shortness of breath sometimes which I never used to experience. Has anyone else experienced this? What can I do and why am I in so much pain doing everything?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I guess I should add I was sedated during the procedure.

• Posted

that sounds like they may have over done the biopsy maybe taking extra samples. but im not sure where you go from here. after my endescopy in2016 im convinced they did more harm than good as my stomach felt completely different afterwards, it felt like a hole in my stomach as a result i lost my appetite . thatcwas my 3rd endescopy and the other 2 were fine.

• Posted

the biopsy just confirmed what the others revealed that i have ongoing barretts oesaphagus and told to continue on thePPI meds, in my case lasnzaprozole. but i did ferl different after that last endescopy still have less of an appetite and fedl full very quickly and i still have acid reflux regurgitating after eating.

• Posted

im sorry to hear that you have all of those problems.. for me its fatigue and no appetite. i always feel full. am seeing a doctor on tuesday.. i have lost 20 lbs.. i can hardly eat or drink because of how full i always feel. and its getting worse

• Posted

and they didnt find anything is the endoscopy 😕

• Posted

thanks and good luck with your doctor hopefully you will get sorted out

• Posted

With the sort of pain you are describing I would have thought you are entitled to at least an explanation. What does your GP say?

My endoscopy was several years ago and I remember being very impressed with the illustrated pamphlet I was given to read beforehand. I don't recall it said anything about after pain/discomfort. It just said not to try to eat for a couple of hours to give the throat muscles time to recover.

• Posted

He just prescribed me lidocaine.. but it gives me a weird feeling, i dont like taking it.. im just wondering when this pain will go away

• Posted

Hello! I'm not sure that you will see this since your post was from so long ago but i had to respond because i feel like i could have written this post myself. Everything you said is exactly what I'm experiencing. Its been over three weeks since my endoscopy and Im just praying this will stop. Did your chest pain go away???

• Posted

hi,

did your chest/throat pain went away? i had an endoscopy the 2th of Jan and i still have this pain in the left side of my throat, i thought that it was tonsillitis but no, it's some kind of inflammation. I took some drugs for that but still nothing, i will see my doctor tomorrow.

i really hope that you are doing great.

best regards

• Posted

Hello! most people that Ive talked to on here said that theirs eventually went away. So i don't want you to not feel hopeful! Mine has never went away and its been a year. But i am actually going to do a test next week that maybe will help them see what's wrong. My doctor also dilated my esophogus but said he did it just in case it might help and it didn't need it. So I'm finally seeing a new doctor haha

• Posted

hi there. I'm glad I've found this post. I had an endoscopy 6 weeks ago and about 3 days after I started to get a feeling that something was stuck in my throat which was slightly sharp like a popcorn kernel. it hasn't improved at all and has started to get worse and now I'm getting a deep throbbing pain in the same side of my throat where the swallowing pain is. has anyone else experienced anything like this?

• Posted

did you find your answers? are you recovered now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.