Chiari Malformation 1/ Inner Ear?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can resonate with me.

I suddenly started having severe jolts of dizziness that made me feel like I was going to fall. This lead me to try and find answers. and what a horrible journey I've been on since.

First I got told it was low iron (Ferritin was 20) normal but low. Then I got told it was low blood pressure, low but not unusual for a 30ish woman. It still carried on, the dizziness, the off balance and jumpy vision. Went to an ENT doctor who thinks its Vestibular Neurtis. Still have jumpy vision and dizziness. Then, had an MRI scan which shows a Chiari Malformation 1. Now awaiting on neuro radiologists opinion.

Does anyone have head pressure, jumpy/wobbly vision with this? Doctor said the MRI finding could just be a red herring but I dont know.

So frustrated that I don't have a clear answer. From what I've read jumpy vision could be nerve damage in the vestibular system.

I'm so worried. I have no idea which one I've got.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

hey Lucy. i can relate to almost all of those symptoms! I have low blood pressure, dizziness, fatigue. i was diagnosed about 10 years ago. Befor ethat, Doctors couldnt figure out what was wrong. some days are better than others.I'm about your age it sounds like. If the MRI showed a malformation, you might consider trying that route. I'm no doctor, just a fellow patient. Finding the diagnosis of my chiari was a long process! Don't give up. It can be a crazy process, but try not to get discouraged I just saw this was 9 months ago, hope you've gotten things figured out a bit more!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.