chlamydia

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. I'm a married lady of 10+ years. I was tested for chlamydia in 2006 while pregnant and it was negative. However my husband has recently come to me saying he has contracted it and that I need to be treated. The docs wouldn't test me due to the fact my husband must have in that time passed it on to me. I'm confused as to how it's only now years on he has it. Can anyone shed any light on this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi j8,

I think if I was in your position I would quiz my husband a bit more, how does he know he has it has he got himself tested?

You say he said he has contracted it? Not that it's just appeared, but contracted it from where? I would seriously have a chat with him.

• Posted

Yes he's been tested. He Is in the police and apparently it was found when he had a recent medical. I'm aware it didn't show on any previous medical. Bit could it have lay dormant until now?. This is what he is saying. He is denying cheating, but in my heart I can't see any other explanation. Thank you for your reply. ☺
  • Posted

Hi j8,

This is a difficult situation as yes it can lay dormant for years but as you tested negative while pregnant that means you didn't have it then, but surly he would have passed it on to you by then?

You really have to get back to the doc or clinic as you need antibiotics to get rid of it, him too!

Please don't leave it you don't want it spreading to your fallopian tubes etc, it is spread only by sexual contact, has it never shown up before in his medicals?

I think you need a serious discussion with him. X

• Posted

Thank you. I have recently had precancerous cells removed so I definitely haven't got it. We both had the treatment and neither of us have it now. It never showed on previous medicals, if it was dormant would it have shown up in his tests? ☺
    • Posted

Hi j8, sorry to disagree with ttmon but I've gone on the NHS website and chlamydia can lie dormant!

It still doesn't answer your fears, I really don't know if it would have shown up while dormant.

I would go with your gut feeling and reading between the lines I feel you think he's cheated, confront him otherwise you will always be driving yourself mad with doubt!

Just be thankful it was chlamydia and not something much worse, everyone keeps on about how rife sexually transmitted infections are due to unprotected sex but the one that should scare everyone into never having unprotected sex is Aids, if he has cheated he was putting your health and your child or children at enormous risk. That's the thing I find unforgivable about cheating they are gambling with your health.

My partner cheated on me when he went abroad for work, I left him, and got checked I was OK!

I hope all the answers help you but I think you know yourself the answer to this, good luck and keep strong X

• Posted

Many thanks for taking the time to reply. I don't think I'll ever know the truth unfortunately. There's always going to be an element of doubt either way now. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.