Cholesteatoma grew big as a golf ball

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey how's it going everyone. I was born with microtia and had plastic surgery when I was 11 years old but never finished the ear. As time went on 23-24 years old is when puss started to drool down my ear. It drained for 2 weeks and stopped so i thought it was a minor infection. Then the year after randomly puss would drool down my ear. 4 years later I decided to get it checkout and thats when I found out I had a cholesteatoma. I chose Dr. Roberson in Palo Alto California as my doctor to remove the cholesteatoma which was Nov. of 2018 and it left massive scarring and I regretted not getting it checked out sooner. There was a hole about half a inch big on my ear and I consistency inserted a gauze pad everyday and it eventually closed up and it took around 5 months. Then in June of 2019 I had microtia surgery and it went successful but there was a scab where the hole healed. My Doctor took the scab off and the hole appeared. I'm consistently putting small packing strips and its improving but not healing in pace. I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience as myself?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.