Christmas expectations!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been waking the past couple of mornings feeling shaky and anxious. I take my tablets and it does start to wear off but this all started for me last Christmas!!! I take 15mg escitalopram and 10mg papronol!

I'm convinced it's the time of year that makes me unsettled as it's always a reminder of who's not around anymore! We haven't got a big family as it is and every time we lose someone it's even less family!

I feel there is such an expectation to be happy at Xmas and I do go through the motions but I don't really enjoy it!

Any tips please on how I can snap out of this? Thankyou

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I too have taken this med was sick for a month they put me on prozac and still sick going to try and just wean off or quit  wake up every morning with anxiety.  wish you luck and if you have any help for me please let me know. merry xmas, I am going to try to.  I know how you feel. its sad that these drugs hurt us instead of help. 

• Posted

Hi Susan

How are you doing now? How was Christmas for you? I can relate to how you were feeling, I lost my Dad 2 years ago just before Christmas and it's a terrible time of the year. I only have a small family and so I had my Mum for Christmas, while my brother was having a quiet one with his wife.  We got through it and every event feels like another hurdle to get over. 

I have now been on my tablets for 5 weeks (5mg) and I have returned back to work this week.  It's been difficult but I've done it, but the last few mornings I've been waking up anxious and feeling nauseous.  I'm not sure whether this is normal and whether my body has to get used to the new routine again.  I'm worried that I may have to increase my tablets and have to go though all the side effects again.  

I hope you are okay, you were such a support when I was at my lowest so I'm here if you ever need to chat.

Take care

x

• Posted

Thanks for getting in touch, my Christmas went ok, was a little anxious that I wouldn't get through it but I did!

Totally understand how you feel, my family is small too and it's getting less and less but I try to focus only immediate family, my hubby and two grown up children (long for some grandchildren!!!)

Glad your Xmas wasn't too bad and it's still early days for you! You might be fine on your current dose so try not to worry (easier said than done I know)

Keep me informed how you get on and stay positive!!!! Take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.