Chronic Back Pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

After some idea to relieve Severe back pain, seems to be worse sitting, i can ease it by laying down and stretching but that doesnt last for long.

I  see an osteopath every 2 months for the muscle spasms and alignment last saw her 3 weeks ago.

I had no pain for 2 weeks and now it is creeping back again but this time the pain feels different in my back like it is much deeper than my muscles playing up. I have Scolosis as well have had it from very little, i wondering if a scan of my back might help diagnose what is going on?

Anyone else had severe back pain?

I do have co-codamol that i can take for the pain but i dont like taking it unless i have too.

Doesnt affect my legs and no tingling in my arms either!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I fell on black ice in 2001 and injured the bone at the base of my back.  It never healed and would get agonising flare ups lasting days or weeks.  There would be years between each flare.  I went to a chiropractor two years ago after having two flares six weeks apart and it made the pain much worse.  Now I can expect a flare at any time and I have lost the elasticity of my spine.  Nurofen and keeping on the move helps.
    • Posted

Sounds awful for you.

I can get a flare up of mine at any given time, I think things have got worse as if i sit down for too long especially with my job it can hurt more.

I have tried everything, stretching i even have a yoga ball to help but even that is not doing much now.

I am worried that things are getting worse, i see my osteopath every 2 months but that is for preventative help with the muscles and not my spine. I have a GP's appointment on the 19th August, typical the closest i could get will see what happens there.

• Posted

I'm not very sporty and the most I do is walking and swimming while on holiday.  At home, I'm a bit more sedentary as I am a writer.  I have Aspergers and Dyspraxia and I have banged myself frequently with injuries to the knees, head, a bad knock on the elbow and a scrape on the white part of my eye with broken glass over the years. At school, PE caused me injuries too which put me off strenuous physical activity.  In bad weather, my joints ache individually or all hurt at the same time.

• Posted

I dont do much sport either, hated it at school and not much has changed being an adult.

I get more aches and pains than i use to. I also get more pain with the bad weather.

• Posted

Hey dawn57104

It does sound like is a posture thing! Combination of bad habits by the way we hold our backs and in your particular case having an abnormal curve of the spine doesn't help. If the pain bothers you that much do go get a CT/MRI scan to check the condition of your back then your therapist can target those areas during sessions. I have a weird muscle wasting problem with my back that has given me an excess lumbar curve and rounded shoulders (like a giant S shape!) and when I lay on my back at bed time....owie...the ache! smile A physio might be able to help you do some strecthes or core muscle excerises to try and help strenegth the muscles that suppoort the spine. Do keep up updated. Take Care smile

• Posted

Hi,

It might well be a combined problem, I am trying to be more consious of the posture part when sitting, laying down takes the pressure off sometimes but it still hurts no matter what.

I already see an osteopath every 2 months anyway and we go through different ideas for moves and stretches trouble is it hurts regardless so i dont end up doing too much.

I am wary of Physio's as my grandma had that with her hip and made her 10x worse so i am not keen on that, i just want the mri to show what is happening then i will be happy, at the moment i cant function or sleep without being on cocodamol and at my age i dont want to be relying on meds to get me moving.

thanks for the advice.

take care smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.