Chronic chest pain

Posted , 1 user is following.

Since last year exactly 12 months I have been having chest pains after having a possible viral infection (mainly coughing) the cough was quite severe so the possible cause of my pain was muscle strain from coughing, after a month I went to my gp and have been given antibiotics just incase I still had an infection I took the antibiotics as prescribed for 2 weeks ans that didnt help with my pain I went back to the gp and again I have been prescribed another antibiotic this time it was for reflux the doctor didn’t even examine before prescribing me medication anyway I thought I would give it a chance but unfortunately after taking the meds for few weeks the pain still remained so I came back to the gp and asked for further tests the gp referred me for an x-ray scan of my chest, full blood count and the results on my x ray came back positive they couldn’t see anything abnormal on the scan, when the bloods came back my CK levels were abnormal and slightly elevated which would indicate that there is some possible ongoing muscle damage the gp booked me in for further bloods in 3 weeks but I did not wait and went to the hospital for further checks incase there is some serious kidney or muscle damage, the doctor at the hospital booked me in for another x ray even tho I asked for ct scan since I already had an x ray but unfortunately the doctor refused, this time bloods came back positive the CK levels went back to norm so I’m absolutely baffled and don’t know what to think, I had ECG, 3 x rays and bloods done 2 times and till this day the gp can’t find a possible cause.

My symptoms are chest pain in sternum it mostly hurts in the morning, when sneezing, bending forward or stretching my chest, I also have shoulder pain on left side, my left trap muscle looks slightly swollen, in the past I have had broken collarbone not sure if that has anything to do with this, shoulder pain hasn’t been checked out my gp is aware of my pain but they all put it down to stress I also have dark circles under my eyes which is very unusual for me, I’m not sure what to do I’m very tired of the NHS not responding properly to my needs and not investigating my issues fully by doing further test, any suggestions?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.