Chronic dehydration

Posted , 1 user is following.

Chronic dehydration

31, 5'6, 115lbs, female

I need some serious help.

I've suffered with chronic dehydration for months due to restricted diet cos of gastritis. I've started to eat more again and been trying to increase electrolytes, salting my food plus eating loads of fruit and vegetables - averaging about 1500-1800 calories a day where as before could barely stomach 400 a day for a long time

I've been dizzy and heart pounding for weeks since it got really bad and more water makes it worse and elevates my heart rate even more however if I eat even a tiny bit of salt it also dehydrates me further. Like the salt hits my tongue and I get dizzy and my pulse jumps up. I've increased my sodium from 300mg to 2500mg last few days despite this trying to push through it and my body just seems to flush it all out. Will this get better in time as my body adjusts to normal amounts again? I'm literally bedridden from dehydration and don't know what to do.

And please don't suggest hospital - all they do is blood tests and send you home. Last time I went from tachycardia from dehydration they gave me 500ml of saline and was still dehydrated and having tachy when they sent me home

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.