Chronic Epididmitis years after Vasectomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey y’all,

After joining this group it’s nice to know I am not alone. I had a vasectomy in 2014. Has anyone had a vasectomy and developed chronic epididymitiis years later? Flare ups that come and go.

I have a lump on the tail of my right epi. It’s tender and hurts to the touch at times. As I’m typing this I am once again in dull ache pain. I’m taking 600mg ibuprofen every 6 hours. I’ve seen my primary doctor, I’ve had a ultrasound and have saw a urologist. He diagnosed me with chronic epi. Stemming from my vas. I’ve tried prescription anti inflammatory medications. I have had the nerve block shot which did absolutely nothing. I’m waiting for my follow up appointment in August. My anxiety is super high because I’m feeling I’m running out of options. I’ve read that a epididymectomy is something I shouldn’t do and would leave me in more pain. It’s a 50/50 chance obviously.

When I lay down and starts to feel better and waking up in the morning I feel relieved until I start my morning routine and once again it returns.

I’m hoping someone here can relate especially after having a vasectomy.

Any input helps.

Thanks in advance

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.