Chronic eye bleeding

Posted , 2 users are following.

My friend has had three eye surgeries since January 13. He had gone in to have an artificial lens in his right eye, which he had not had vision in since an accident a number of years ago. Folllowing each surgery, the eye filled with blood and he would get horrible headaches in the eye/temple area and would experinece continuous vomiting and nausea.

The last operation (to drain the blood) was Feb 1. He seemed to be recovering but today he said the pain is back. He has also had no sign of any vision at all since the original surgery January 13. It could be that the bleeding commences before the vision every time.

The surgeon says this is very rare and puts it down to bad luck. But when does this end? He's about given up on this eye and wants to ust fix the slipped artifical lens on his other eye so he had have some sort of vision and life again.

Anyone know what's happening here and what can/should be done?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry I can't help, but read your question and just wanted to say how sorry I am that is awful. Has he had a second opinion?

• Posted

No, but that has to be the next step. The surgeon who has done the work is one of the best, very reputable. That's what's frustrating.

• Posted

Well, I would definitely be getting another opinion. Hope you get on okay.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.