Chronic Fissure for over 15 years

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had chronic anal fissure for over 15years now, used all manner of creams and prescribtion from the doctors and nothing has cured it, I have gone through all the dicussions on this topic here but i have not seen anyone who has had it for this long. I need your help, please advice.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Gosh 15 years that terrible I only had it for 6 months and that was bad enough I couldn't cope so kept on and on to the doctor I tried so many creams tablets drinks ect but had Botox first which unfortunately didn't work so then I had my muscle cut which I can say was a huge success I have no pain at all since!!! Have u been offered surgery?
  • Posted

Go to the surgeon and get the surgery .u will be ok . GL .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.