Chronic headache

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all,

A couple of years a go I went scuba diving and when I got out the water, I came over all dizzy and felt really unwell. I had tingling at the back of my neck and down one side of my arm. I spoke to relevant professionals who didn't feel this was related to the diving and this was a viral illness. Over the next couple of weeks, the tingling progressed into pressure at the back of my head. The tingling improved over time but I still get numbness and tingling over my face. I've had clear MRI and CT scans. Over the next two years, I would have a continuous daily headache that would be fine in the morning and then progressively get worse at the day went on. I took various headache medication which did not improve the symptoms. I was referred to the a neurologist who started me on Toprimate - on the max dose, this made me symptom free for two years. However, over the last couple of months, the headaches have started again sadly.

Has anyone got any suggestions what might be going on? I've been diagnosed with chronic migraine but I've never felt like migraine is what is what is happening (although migraines run in the family!) I think it might be damage to my back as I never suffered with headaches before I went scuba diving? Or maybe an autoimmune condition? I have problems with my thyroid.

thanks in advance!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.