Chronic illness after heavy drinking

Posted , 1 user is following.

I think I’ve had this illness about every 2 or more years throughout my adult life, but in the last half year, I’ve had it now 5 times maybe due to multiple bouts of covid. It seems to always start with a heavy night of drinking and then waking up to a sore throat. I’ll have the sore throat, which hurts much worse when I swallow, for several days while also sneezing and having itchy eyes and nose. Then the post nasal drip coughing starts. I feel tickling in my throat so bad that it causes me to cough uncontrollably. I also have to blow my nose constantly as huge amounts of mucus is being produced. The mucus is clear but eventually turns yellow at the end of the illness. This can last for weeks and I feel congested and have a slight headache throughout all of it. I try researching this and I can’t find a definitive answer to what this is so I would greatly appreciate any help. If it’s my tonsils, I’d get them taken out tomorrow. I should note, I also have a deviated septum and low white blood cell count.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.