Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome CIRS

Posted , 2 users are following.

there doesnt seem to be a sub title for cirs but only today i saw this ilness for first time and im suprised as i can match up aboit 90 percent of the symtoms

whilst that feels possibly great after one year of not knowing and no diagnosis im now wondering how i can get diagnosed and curing it

its possible i had mould enter when i was sanding old wood for last three years

anyone tell me anythung aboit cirs ?

Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS) is a collection of symptoms which is also sometimes referred to as Biotoxin Illness, or Mold Illness, and was initially thought to be caused by mold exposure only. However, further research indicates bacteria, fungus and various viral infections are also implicated in the development of Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome.

It is quite a dilemma for both patients and physicians in dealing with such a complex illness as CIRS, which overlaps and can mimic symptoms associated with other conditions such as Lyme Disease, Ehrlichiosis and some Auto Immune Disorders. CIRS may often be misdiagnosed, or under diagnosed.

CIRS General Signs & Symptoms

Fatigue, weakness, flu-like symptoms, exhaustion, insomnia, sensitivity to environment, and possible multiple diagnoses from various doctors.

Eye/Ear/Nose/Throat Symptoms

Blurred or hazy vision, eyes sensitive to light, eyes tear easily, , puffy/dark circles below the eyes, night blindness, ringing in the ears, hearing loss, dizziness, sinus/nasal congestion, nose bleeds, sensitive to odors, vocal cord polyps, nasal polyps, laryngitis or raspy voice, burning in the throat, or sore throat

Musculoskeletal Symptoms

Joint pain, shooting pain, ice-pick sharp pain, burning pain, stabbing pain, muscle cramps, muscle aches, muscle weakness, fleeting pain/pain that moves around, tics, spastic muscles, charlie horses, hands curl up like a claw, toes/feet curl up, morning stiffness

Lungs/Heart Symptoms

Shortness of breath and tachycardia (fast heart beat) with exercise, cough, wheezing, asthma, swelling or edema, heart palpitations, heart pounds intermittently

Digestive/Liver/Urinary Symptoms

Metallic taste in mouth, bile reflux, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain, weight loss, weight gain, urinary frequency

Nervous/Endocrine/Immune Symptoms

Insomnia, headache, dizziness, mental confusion, poor concentration, poor short-term memory, forgetfulness, can’t remember names or words, poor word recall, disorientation, decreased learning ability, extreme thirst, low blood pressure, poor body temperature regulation, numbness, tingling, tremors, vertigo, Parkinson's-like symptoms, mood swings, anxiety, irritability, swollen and painful lymph nodes

Skin Symptoms

Skin is sensitive, skin is itchy, feels like bugs crawling on skin, feels like bugs stinging or biting but there is nothing there, easy bruising, Itchy pimples, skin sores, bumpy skin, thickened skin, skin peeling, burning sensations, red face, sweats - especially at night, static shocks, skin reacts to sun, even through clothing sometimes, vitiligo, cherry hemangiomas, and urticaria, commonly known as hives

Extremities

Cold hands/feet, discolored hands and feet such as white and red mottling, numbness in parts of the body, e.g. foot "goes to sleep", tingling, hands shake, and clawing of fingers or toes

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.