chronic pain at back of right scapula through to chest

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just been dignosed with fibromyalgia. Has anyone else got a similar intense pain in the back of the right scapua through to the chest with widespread aching throughout the body?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I get pain in both shoulders and when I breath in it hurts right across my chest and ribs in seems to be nearly every day lately,sad

• Posted

Steve I get same thing just not in to chest so much.I had to keep

googling the symptom as was concerned.I thought maybe gallbladder

acting up so I cut out fried fatty sugary foods just in case.It helped some

and I never passed any stones so I am thinking it was fibro.Hope it

settles down.But if you have any doubts please see your Dr just to

be safe.

• Posted

Much of the chest pain in fibromyalgia can come from an associated condition, costochondritis. Many people with fibro (including me) have this associated condition. It saves me a lot of typing if you google it. Good luck.
    • Posted

Bluesman,thanks so much for that info.I knew that costo could

hit the ribs but didn't know it could the chest or upper shoulder

blades.I did Google to verify smile and am always happy to learn

something new.

• Posted

yes!! it is the most horrible pain. for me it is worse than the pain i have throughout my body.and feels worse than aching. and constantly painful everywhere
  • Posted

yes. and it is very difficult to deal with. i could tell you not to let yourself get down about it, but how we perceive pain is very diffferent. but take comfort in that there are many people who can help you in different ways.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.