CHRONIC UTI CAUSED BY E.COLI HELP !!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello everyone. I am a 25 year old woman and I really need HELP on my case  since it is already causing my life a nightmare.! I'm pretty much running out of options that's why I decided to come to the internet and connect with people. I've been suffering from UTI's since back in 2011. I've been prescribed I don't know how many antibiotics.... Nothing has worked within 3 days my UTI would come back. Apparently... the E.coli have become resistant to antibiotics. My primary doctor sent me to an urologist to see if everything was ok. I'm currently on the wait for some ultrasounds I had done to see if I'm retaining urine. Meanwhile, I will appreciate if someone can give me some light on this and if some one had a similar problem because honestly all the doctors I've seen so far dont really know whats going on or  have little knowledge of this problem, I sort of sense their insecurity. Overall, my hopes are low.... The e.coli is also constantly causing vaginal infections as well... I believe my ph levels go unbalanced once the bacteria travels to the vagina causing bad odor and even yeast infections, vaginosis, etc. HORRIBLE. I even tried to get a plastic surgery recently and they will not operate with an existing infection. I've heard as well that long term infection can cause other problems...evern for future maternity. My first priority in my life right now is getting rid of this thing !! You help will be much appreciated. THANK YOU !! 

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

O dear, I feel for you. 

You can buy ph measurement sticks from Amazon which helps to keep track of your level and helps to detect vaginosis.

i take good bacteria (probiotics) to replace especially after antibiotics.

it seems like you have a viscous cycle of reoccurring infections.

i have been there too but not at such a young age. The reoccurring yeast infections were the worst for me. Have you seen a consultant doctor?

• Posted

Yes. I was sent to an urologist. The vaginal infection comes with the E.coli not being controlled. I'm tryong to figure out whats wrong with me. 
  • Posted

I am so sorry you are suffering from this very uncomfortable illness. I would like to say that there is light at the end of the tunnel but cant. In Nov 2014 I ended with a serious Kidney Infection following UTI. The Infection was caused by EColi which was resilliant to many of the Antibiotics it was trial and error sourcing something that worked which was two then three different concoctions of Anitbios. The worst Antibiotic prescribed was Trimperthrine, I thought I was going to die from its side effects.

I have just come out of Hospital again from exactly the same as last year I was again on IV fluids and Antibiotics. The Consultants I have seen can give not indication why mainly women suffer from UTI other that the Anus and Vagina are very close together.

My own personal Hygiene at home and out verges on the paranoide I am very particular where I toilet.

I drink more water than ever to flush my Kidneys and Bladder.

The only thing is that I do take a lot of priscribed medication which many  are Pain Killers.

I have had MRI, CTs and Scans all show a infections at the time as well as regular blood tests.

I have started to keep records of times I am unwell especially where Bladder and Kidneys are concerned.

I can only suggest you help yourself and Doctors by doing the same.

If I should find and Answer I will make sure every woman hears of it.

Good luck my dear I wish you well soon.

• Posted

Oh wow Im so sorry. You've been through a lot.! My case is somehow different.. for some reason, I've had this for around 3 years and the e.coli doesent go up to my kidneys. ( Thank god) I'm following up with my urologist for possible bladder problems like ana fissure or rectovaginal fistulas.. =/ 
  • Posted

I think the main thing here is that your doctor is not getting to the bottom of this, and not taking you into surgey if necessary... Where is the E-coli coming from? Not wiping front to back properly? maybe you have an anal fissure/rectovaginal fistulas that may be leaking into your vagina? Have you had an surgery before? Abortion/C section? - Either the infection was never really treated , was not completely gone after the medication, or you may have an underlyning issue, such as endometriosis, bacterial vaginosis, or adenomyosis or even something else. I use to get UTI'S a lot, usually after sex, but since than I don't get them anymore, once in a blue moon. I'm 29 now and have had 1 in the past 2 years, which isn't to bad. With age it tends to less likely arise, probably due to hormones and such, speaking of which, you could be that your PH level is off balance. Take some Multi Probiotic flora pills, it helps with your intestinal flora balance, and helps maintain a healthy urinary tract. Also, buy some D-Mannose Powder, it clings on to bacteria such as e-coli in your urinary tract, and flushes it out. You can buy that stuff on amazon and stuff. Also, take some pure vitamin c pills (500mg) twice a day, as well as a multi vitamin. This helped me, and drinks LOTS OF WATER, stay away from caffeine until your symptoms clear up, and DO NOT take a hot bath, only wash your vagina with luke warm water, no soap, or any kind of perfume body washs. Try it out for 1 week and lets us know how it goes. Sometimes you can't rely on on doctors, I find doing your own research and learning from other people with the same problem, works wonders. Goodluck Hun, and keep us updated!!!
    • Posted

Thank you so so much ! I will do this ASAP. Like you said I might have a problem.. That is why I am waiting on the results of the urologist sonogram they did to me of the kidneys and bladder. I guess it is one step at a time... Thank You so so much for your feek back. 
    • Posted

I will send you a private message. Were not allowed to post links for products. Check your PM!
  • Posted

Only your Drs. can really help you.

Sounds like you need a stronger antibiotic.

I'm kind of in the same boat...can't get mine to go away either...waiting to see my Dr.

• Posted

I've tried more than 7 types and nothing works. It keeps coming back. I even tried shots and kept me cleared for a whole week but then it came back... good luck to you too
  • Posted

I hear your struggle on this one. Women seems to suffer from this more so than men.

For immediate relief -   do the following:  take 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water - can add some honey for taste. Or you can do the following: take 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. You should see some difference of feeling and seeing better results. Take some Vitamin C if you have any or get some and I agree with another poster about 500mg. 

Bottomline, it is your nutrition. Remove all sugar. Look at food labels for words that are in disguise of sugar, google it. Drinks a lot of purified water no tap water. 

The sugar is a huge problem that triggers the reactions and reoccuring of infections because most of the time we are not monitoring what we are intaking, and if not, there you have the infection.

Also, it seems your doctors are only dealing with the symptoms not the root of the problem and you have to Kill the source, Eat some Raw Garlic, about 3 cloves, or crush it up and put it on a sandwich, drink water with it, repeat for 3-4 days. 

Remember, each time you take those prescribed antibotics you remove the good and bad bacteria, hence, the Reoccuring UTIs and systems, you need more good bacteria. Make PLAIN Yogurt your BEST Friend. Eat 1 cup a day. Even try placing some up your Vag over night with a tampon. The Garlic will kill the source. Thats why it keeps coming back and the on and off again antibotics only makes your symptoms worse and not remove it. 

Think of your inner body, espeically, your gut - urinary system as a garden, remove the bad with the above and replant new good bacteria and feed the good bacteria (proboitics and prebotics)

Good luck

• Posted

Hi, Dayana! I feel for you and I can relate!

Wanted to ask you about a plastic surgery you are considering, what is it and how can it help in your situation. May be thats what I should look into.

I have constant UTIs since I developed a leaky anus ( probably neurological related- i have a nerve damage after disk herniation) and my family doc. Is saying that cross contamination happens, and no meter how much I wash myself after every leak, they coming back all the time. 

Regarding antibiotics cause when you have to take them, you kinda have to: 

Macrobid (Nitrofurantoin) is usually a good choice because bacteria is rarely developing resistance to it. At least that is what I've been told by a urologist, and rarely causing a yeast infection. So As long as my bacteria is sensitive to it, this is my choice. 

You probably know all this, but if you didnt, ask you doctor.

my family doctor was giving me strong antibiotics to which resistance develops very fast and now looking back and checking my urine culture tests it wasn't necessary, it was always sensitive to MACROBID. 

I hope this helps, all yhe bestwink)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.