Chronic UTI'S so debilitating and depressing

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone I'm new here to this board. But happy to be where I can read and discuss this issue with others. I've suffered UTI'S for 60 years and it's been aweful. Had my first one at 12 years of age and just finished a round of last resort drugs. Hope it will stop the bacteria for at least a little while. It's been a living nightmare trying to stop the infections and I'm to the point of giving up. I had two very dangerous bacteria on my last culture. Klebsiella (Enterobacter) and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Was given 7 days of Nitrofurantoin 100 mg and Levofloxacin 500 mg. Once again just waiting for results. Any words of advice or encouragement would be most welcome.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hope you feel better

i can only imagine how challenging and frustrating this may have been

i have been having constant UTI for the past few months too and latest culture of ESBL which is also tough to get rid of, however, lets be hopeful and fingers crossed you will be uti free soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.