cinnarzine for menieres

Posted , 4 users are following.

my husband has been prescribed cinnarzine tablets but found that he felt no better whilst taking them, in fact we think it may have made the condition worse, has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I take  betahistine 3x daily to attempt to control my Menieres.mi do take cinnazerine but only to alleviate dizziness between attacks and it appears to work without any side effects. I thought most meniere sufferers took betahistine as their main medication.  I would suggest your husband goes back to his GP and asks for he could try a different medication. 

Hope he manages to get this sorted.

linda

• Posted

Sometimes when you're having a 'phase' it's just time whilst the ear repairs itself. I haven't found cinnarizine worsens things, just might not greatly help when you're at your worst. Get back to the doctor, get appointment with ENT at hospital. Google everything on menieres. Read the book Self Help for Menieres, by Meniere Man (amazon kindle edition available). Do everything you can to make life bearable. Chin up, I've found longer good phases than bad ones.
  • Posted

Hi Jayne, I took cinnarazine tablets for a while but I had to stop them because they made me more ill. I now take SERC tablets, they are betahistine but made by a different company. For some strange they work better than the betahistine, something about how they're made. I've also had Gentamicin injections in my ear. I don't want to tempt fate but I haven't had a bad Vertigo attack in over a year and I'm hoping it stays that way! I still have days where I feel spacey, the constant tinnitus and deafness but to date I haven't had a Vertigo attack since the Gentamicin. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.