Cinnazarine for balance disorder and dizziness

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone take CINNAZARINE tablets long term for balance disorder and dizziness

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

I seen a few ppl take that and it helped. Can't get it in the U.S.

• Posted

I am planning to take it as advised by one of my friend doc in India, its not available here in USA, so ordered it online. Its on the way, will let you know if it really helps after some days.

Its called as Strugeron.

• Posted

It's a kind of antihistamine. Mainly used,for nausea and vomiting, but also,for people with Menieres. If i were you I would,google,it and read the side effects before taking.

• Posted

I used to take this but found it didn't really work for me.  I'm now taking Nortrtyptyline but have a follow up appointment with my consultant tomorrow but I still get my balance and dizziness problems so will have to let her know. 

• Posted

Yes i've had both, neither worked and in fact made me feel,worse!

• Posted

My symptoms are more of a swaying motion / unsteadiness which can come on at anytime (even whilst sitting down) and when walking (like I'm being pulled to one side, the left).  I'm still not right and am going to have to say so tomorrow - I just want to feel normal again.  What have you been diagnosed with? 

• Posted

Yes me too, swaying, off to left etc. Myndiagnosis, if u can call it that is Chronic Disequilbrium in other words they dont know! Absolutely speak up. The sqeaky wheel!  What is your consultant? Not ENT i hope! 

• Posted

Hi i have unsteaduness in walking and turning .feel that i will fall.even while sitting i like to rest my head .
    • Posted

I have unsteadiness in walking and turning. Also while sitting i like to rest my head .
    • Posted

Hi Carina,

I have the exact same symptoms as you, when walking I want to keep going over to the left and I also have the false swaying/rocking motion.  This has got better over the two years since being diagnosed with VN but the 'going left' feeling is more or less the same.  I was then later diagnosed with vestibular migraine which my consultant informed me is typical in 40% of VN sufferers.  I try to avoid certian foods which upset my balance more, these are all recognised foods that will upset migraine e.g chocolate, cheese, citrus, caffiene, claret wines and chinese food and this does help (although I did lapse over Xmas and have felt the consequences!)

Like you I also feel thye false motion even when sitting but i am much improved from the early days so am able to do most normal day to day stuff.  I work part time and drive, shop ect with not too many problems.  My consultant also said that I am unlikley to ever get to 100% so will have to adjust to being around 80% for the rest of my life but I can cope with that.

You will begin to feel more normal over time, but time is the key.

Best wishes

Laurence

• Posted

One doc prescribed me cinnarizine for my vertigo. It didn't work. Diphenhydramine slightly works for me. Clonazepam and other benzos work the best.

• Posted

This is also known as Stugeron and can be bought over the counter in the UK.  I know one of my 'dizzy' friends finds that it helps her VN.

What works for one person though may not work for another.  I was taking amitriptyline for vestibular migraine (this is alongside my VN) and that helps me.  I am though currently taking mothing to see how I get on.

All the best

Laurence

• Posted

Does your friend take it regularly or only when she has vertigo
    • Posted

I have been diagnosed with MRV (migraineous related vertigo) after various tests but i'm beginning to wonder whether i really have this or something else as so far medication prescribed to me for this particular condition hasn't worked ie amitryptyline, cinnazarine, now nortryptyline but i still get my symptoms so am going to hopefully have a chat with my consultant today and see if i can try something else.  It really scares me when i get my 'attacks'.

• Posted

She takes it when feeling worse bvutg eneraaly takes nothing.  We have both had VN for over 2 years but manage at around 80-90% most of the time.

Hope you find something that works.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.