Citalapram 10 mg after six months not working

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on 10mg of citalapram for 6 months. The last week or so it doesn't seem to be working so well and I am back to having difficulty sleeping feeling queasy and panicky just like I felt when I started! I know my doc will say it's OK to increase the dose but I really don't want to. Any advice anyone?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Did they work before lesley
    • Posted

Hi tammy. Yes. I was put on this medication when my husband was diagnosed with cancer just after i had lost my mother and father. The first week or so was awful. I felt worse! But then I began to feel the benefit. The panic attacks subsided and although I felt queasy in the mornings I was coping much better. Then last week or so I have started feeling panicky again. Having bad dreams. There is no reason for this as my husband is in remission. Thanks for responding.
    • Posted

Hi lesley sorry yo hear all this ive bern on 10 mg for 2 weeks not to bad but still get anxious a little docs did say they take about a month to get in ya system properly so im hoping they are startin to kick in now
    • Posted

Can i just say lesley chin up loverly here if you want a chat x
  • Posted

I too had some good weeks ok cit then had a bad week or so rather than increase my dose I contacted my dr explained the situation and that I didn't want to increase so they prescribed me Buspar and that was 4 or 5 days ago and I still get some of the same old symptoms usually after taking my medicine i take 1 Buspar in the am cit at about 330 then Buspar at about 6pm usually an hr or so after taking the medicine I feel anxiety for about an hr or so after the am doesn't really matter as that's usually a bad time for me if I'm not at work or busy but it's starting to get better so IMO you can either increase or maybe this is just a blip or contact your dr and maybe get an additional medicine

• Posted

I have health anxiety also and have trouble trusting my Drs and also have some other things going on right now as well but I think you need to look at your personal situation and what your comfortable with and move forward with that. Anxiety is strange thing and can take over quickly if you let it. Also sometimes from what I understand the medicines will leave you with a week or so of feeling down every now and again so it could just be one of those blips
    • Posted

Thank you. It's really helpful to hear what you have said.

• Posted

One thing I noticed when I started citalapram 10, was a bit of anxiety. Right at the time of starting, there was a major hurricane in my area. Talk about anxiety! Once the danger passed, I took advantage of my increased energy and sweating to start working out. if you can manage to do this, you might find it helpful. I just started 10 minutes on the elliptical with music I enjoyed. The working out has helped me a lot by literally "sweating out" the anxiety, followed by a hot shower. I also started drinking chamomile tea and have eliminated a lot of my caffeine (coffee) intake. Also, maybe try some soothing nature sounds to sleep- whatever you prefer (I love rain), preferably with headphones. Yoga helped me too, by focusing on breathing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.