Citalopram 20mg for 4 weeks. Still feel flat and not sleeping. Advice welcome

Posted , 3 users are following.

4 weeks in and still feel so drained and tired not sleeping at night side effects have been awful. should i carry on, increase the dose or change meds

Really struggling not feeling well still

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

im on the same boat . week 4 and feel horrendous . have you still got nausea xx

• Posted

Nausea has stopped or definitely not as bad but i am not sleeping or im shattered in the day and need to nap i still feel quite flat. Im worried about side effects increasing if i increase the dose. Definitely hoping some people will see this and jump on to help

• Edited

Hi @2023 and @heather95956. I'm just a little bit ahead of you and starting my 5th week on 30mg. I still feel horrible and the mornings are the worst, but I will report back if and when I start to see any positive changes.

Keep going both of you. x

• Posted

thank you . hope you are ok . what does the mornings feel like for you x

• Posted

My mornings are hard to explain but a mixture of extreme fatigue, desperate sadness and fear of the oncoming day. Yes, I think that about sums it up! How about yours? x

• Posted

i have started taking 25mg in the night just before bed First few days ok but today i literally cannot get out of bed and font want to talk to anyone.

I dont ever remember being this bad on sertraline 😦

• Posted

its horrible isnt it. I am still dreading each day when i wake up . 6 weeks in, i thought i would be feeling a bit better by now. I take my 30mg in the morning.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.