Citalopram Help Needed :/

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All I started a new thread as many are over a year old.

I started taking 10mg two weeks ago . I started on a night but im getting less than 4 hours sleep.

Three days ago I switched to mornings but my sleep is very limited im finding myself sleeping during day thing is I start a new job and its making me anxious thinking im only going to get 4 hours sleep my first day....

Also on falling to sleep my heart somersaults which stops me sleeping its a weird sensation. Im literally exhausted and dread going to bed. My appetites returned and I feel great its just the lack of sleep. Does it improve?? Ive tried chamomile tea , Horlicks and hot water bottles .. calm apps I just dont know what else to try ... TIA

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I only took it at bedtime, and slept like a baby.  I took it for just over 1 year.

The worst is that I weaned off that awful drug, taking from March until October.  Worst thing I have ever had to do in my life.  Even though I have not taken any since October, I am still having withdrawal symptoms....or maybe some anxiety too.

I would reconsider taking it.  The weaning and withdrawas were and still are horrendousl

i

• Posted

I heard the stopping of Anti Ds is a nightmare , I plan on persevering with it its just the insomnia getting me down but ive been off work weeks so I guess its just the lack of activity as soon as I start new job im hoping ill get a routine back ... I hope you sort it hun I really do

• Posted

I stopped citralapram without issues & went on to sertraline. Everyone is different.

Has the insomnia only started due to citralapram?

• Posted

It started December after stress at work .. then lasted two weeks but has come on again since I started the tablets two weeks ago .. its just the feeling in my chest preventing me from dropping off it flips as im just about to drop off everytime ... Doc said its sleep anxiety

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.