Closed incision surgery

Posted , 1 user is following.

I posted about my surgeries earlier this week and i had an appointment with a consulatant who now wants to do a closed incision surgery. I am wondering if anyone has an office based job who has had this done, and roughly how quick they went back to work? The thought of sitting for 8 hours at my desk with stitches in my arse scares me as surely the constant pressure could cause them to split? My surgeon hasnt been helpful, took one look, told me i needed surgery, shoed me on my way and told id recieve a letter with the details. Its booked for July 5th. Can anyone enlighten my to their experiences with closed incision surgery? Pasted below is my pervious surgeries which has now led to this one.

A few months ago i had surgery for a piondial abcess. Id had 3 abcess’s previous but had managed to drain them at home, never seen a doctor for them as they wernt as severe. This one was horrendous. No sleep, constant hot sweats, crying with the pain. Went to the doctor and they rushed me to general surgery as it was a huge abcess on the verge of bursting under the skin which could have been serious, i was rushed into emergency surgery. I woke up from the surgery in agony, i was dosed up on more painkillers and took the the ward. After a few hours, i stood up to go to the loo, there was blood everywhere. It was spirting out of the dressing and i freaked and passed out. Woke up to being poked and prodded by a consultant and it hurt so bad i made them stop. Gas and air was brought in and i used that while they pulled all the packing out of the wound. I was told id need more surgery as the blood vessels around the wound had burst and i was losing to much blood. Rushed in for another surgery less than 12 hours after the first. Kept in hospital for a few days then went home to rest. 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.