Co codamol cold turkey failure

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi,I've been on co codamol for years.I've been taking 10 -12 a day .This week i decided to go cold turkey.i lasted 2 days and then took 2 a day for 2 days.i want to take a max of 2 a day for a further 7 days.I will then hopefully be on such dose that i can finally attempt a stop.Does this sound possible or do i need to take 2 a day for longer to avoid nasty withdrawal.I did taper with help of doc years ago using taper but i want to get this over with asap.My sleep is dreadful,av of 2hours a night for 4days,aching legs all night,and permanent stomach cramps.thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Heya wow 10 to 12 a day is a lot. I take solpadol about 4 a day. I have tried taking 2 a day and stopped them fine but if your taking a higher amount I would try perhaps 2 in the mid morning and 2 in the afternoon and then 2 if you really need them at night. If you can do that for a while then your body will get used to less than the dosage your taking. Then you can try taking 2 or 4 a day etc. Withdrawel will be mega tough cold turkey with the amount your taking. If you need any advice let me know. I've done cold turkey a lot but end up relapsing due to emotional abuse at home. X

• Posted

hi,feeling awful so 2 plus 2 in evening it is.I'll see how it goes.I take soluble pills which are full of salt and my blood pressure is very high,so i need to stop this crap.I'm gonna try and stick it out till monday at least before any morre changes

• Posted

Hi Emma, Really sorry to hear about the emotional abuse you are suffering at home.

• Posted

Hi Plainden sounds like you are already going through the withdrawals even though you are taking 2 a day. Certainly after a week of that the withdrawals will be reduced when you do stop. You are still going to feel it. As a short term aid see your GP about a very short term and low dose script of Pregabalin which can get you through the worst of the withdrawals. However be very careful with this drug as it can be dangerous if used in high amounts or long term. Best wishes. John

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.