Cocodomol problem

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been taking about 10×30/500mg of cocodomol for almost a year now, today is my first day of coming down off them, I took 2 this morning and 2 at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, but all I've done is sleep all day, do you think this is because I've took less today?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi it's hard to say if your reduction is causing you to sleep, but usually when coming off them Sleep is hard to get due to restlessness! Good on you for making the first step but it will be quite rough for a while as you go through withdrawls from the codeine.If you can reduce and come off them that way it will be less uncomfortable the just stopping and going CT ( cold turkey)

Good luck....

• Posted

Hi thanks for your advice, I was thinking that, that people usually have trouble sleeping when coming off them and I seem to be the opposite, I have been reducing so I'm now down to 5 today then 4 tomorrow and so on, and any spare ones I've had left I've put down the plug hole, which was hard

• Posted

I have found this before when I tried or failed to keep up the normal dose. I have come down from 10 - 6 over the last few months, I know this sounds slow but even this slow i seem to get some unwanted side effects at times. 

good luck with your reduction and well done for taking the first step 

• Posted

Thanks I ended up taking some more when I wrote on this so decided to cut down gradually so am now down to 5 a day and any spare tablets I had left went down the plug hole, maybe I was just having a tired day and blaming the codeine withdrawal because I did think that was a unusual symptom of codeine withdrawal
    • Posted

Could be anything really. I suppose it depends what stage your withdrawal was at you could get restlessness or exhaustion. Well done you. It’s a positive step. Xx
    • Posted

Aw thanks 😊 am feeling OK just now got one tablet left to take today and I keep thinking about it but I'm trying to hold out for as long as possible, I'm going to give my doc a call today and tell him my situation

• Posted

Hi Joanne I haven't heard of people sleeping more when withdrawing from codeine, with me it was the opposite. My advice to you would be to taper everytime I went cold turkey I relapsed due to the withdrawal symptoms. I have been taking codeine since I was 13 for pain but over the years I increased the dose and endéd up taking 20 30mg tablets twice a day. I always thought there was no way out but I recently turned 18 and luckily registered with a brilliant GP and he was more than willing to help. It was hard at first but im now down to 2 30mg tablets four times a day all due to tapering. It is gentler. That's my advice anyway.

Please let us know how you get ön or if you need any support and good luck :-) .

• Posted

Good work, I found I couldn’t sleep when I was coming off
    • Posted

Thanks, I think I'm just blaming the codeine withdrawal for me being tired because it's usually the opposite effect when coming off codeine as I've read, thanks for your reply

• Posted

Hi joanne... I hope your ok... I know this is a very hard time for you but in the end ir will be worth it. I went cold turkey. I wouldn't be able to do the redusing way. It's was hard at first... Los of crying and hot baths... I took parocedmol and inburpafen to help with the pain... but honest after 5 days I started to feel myself... im now 4 years free of them... xx good luck x x

• Posted

Thanks Louise and well done that's really inspiring, I don't even really get a effect off them now it's so silly I just can't stop taking them and when I run out I find myself putting in for my repeat prescription early and making up lies on the doctor, so I'm going to tell my doctor about my situation with them, but I'm down on 5 a day now then 4 tomorrow and so on

• Posted

Well done lovely. You will do it.... honest you will.... so proud of you admitting you have a problem. ... x you go girl

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.