Codeine withdrawel

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on and off of codeine for yrs now but this time around the symptoms have worsened. Its been a week now and its my mental state thats the problem. I just feel so useless lonely and tearful. Im just wondering if anyone else feels this way?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

yes me I've been in tears for 2days trying to taper down off only 4 tablets a day.

• Posted

I have had to just buy the codeine over counter pills and am going to at last do it properly and seek help at a proper detox place. Of course i cant ring until tuesday but i realise i cant do it on my own anymore. Im a bit nervous venturimg from my home but has to be done. How many mg were you on a day?
  • Posted

Georgina, please see my replies to Sam, as I think they'll be relevant to you too.

My best advice is to take it really really slowly, but steady. So that you barely notice a difference.

There's more info in Sam's replies.

Many people don't realise that you don't have to have abused opiates to feel withdrawals. But once people decide they want to stop, they usually do it too quickly. Either from impatience or worst case scenario, because the doctors cut them off which is criminal in my opinion.

Good luck. If you decide to try again more slowly, only start back with the minimum you need to take away the withdrawals completely. 😊

• Posted

Hi, Ye you need to do it so slow even if it means just half a tablet at a time, it dosnt matter how long it takes as long as your going in the right direction in the safest possible way to reduce withdrawals.

Try meditation music when feeling anxious or stressed it really does work, I put mine on when going to bed and Iv never slept so well on 20 years, warm baths with magnesium salts and lavender, good luck😊

• Posted

Oh and keep active if possible, going for walks or a gentle swim will help your mental health, hard to motivate yourself if your not feeling to good but it really will lift your mood 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.