Cold hands

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone,

Curious if anyone is experiencing very cold hands. There is a condition called Raynaud's Syndrome. I experience this as well with all the other things happening. Of course the discoloration and pain from CRPS plays a key role but with this I have cold painful hands, especially the left hand. I believe that it's highly possible that Raynaud's may settle in even though it's mainly a blood circulatory problem. Mine has gotten worse since the CRPS started. My feet are affected as well. Gloves and socks on a warm day is a must. I've dreaded the cold days, even semi cold days. Nerve problem as well, I certainly believe so. Chills and shivers from CRPS is a problem. Feel free to share your experience if this affects you.

Rocky

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

YEa rocky. My feet   Mostly my left.  I use basin of warm water with Epsom salt.  I do this a few times a day and it does help   After a week you will notice big improvement. After I use Epsom salt I try go for a short walk then to pump blood around.  Not a cure but helps. You could do same with hands. 
    • Posted

Yep, when I started walking without the crutches and got the blood pumping again the color, swelling, pain and temperature of the CRPS foot was much better.

If I stand in one place too long my foot will swell & turn pink & hurt a bit more. I have to walk it out or put it up.

Tracy

• Posted

Hi.

I used to have really cold feet. They aren't as bad now.

The CRPS foot used to get FREEZING cold & very white. Since I have started walking without crutches the temperature and color of that foot are much better.

But my feet do get colder than most people's, more than my husband's feet.

Tracy

• Posted

Hey, I go through days I'm cold on warm days and hot on cold days. It's been like this ever since T B I years ago. Most days I can't even take a shower because of the severe never damage. I have not read your whole story and mine is too long.lets just say I had my last rights read to me and two years later here I am suffering everyday.I have tried everything at times I thought I was rocky just to realize I'm Apollo and we know what happened to him. I wish you the best but it's always one thing or another and never ends. Sorry if this is negative it's another bad day for me.

• Posted

I had a diagnosis of Raynaud's made back in my 30's ( in my late 50's now) when I lived in Maryland I was miserable in the winter with huge non-healing cracks in all my fingers. I couldn't handle freezer food without my fingers turning white in seconds etc. I wonder now if that isn't a marker for a person who is more liable to get CRPS if the conditions are right? Perhaps there is a genetic marker out there for sympathetic hyper-irritability that presents in mild cases as Raynaud's and can progress to CRPS given the right circumstances?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.