Collapse and inability to move during an episode

Posted , 2 users are following.

Almost every time I have a flare up, the pain causes me to collapse. I am unable to move for about half an hour and I can't speak properly. All my husband can do is make me as comfortable as possible with a pillow and blanket.

A nurse suggested he should call an ambulance because someone needs to witness it, however by the time an ambulance got to me, I would have recovered.

As well as abdominal pain, I feel pain in my neck and shoulders and sometimes my legs and feet are numb with pins and needles.

Does anyone else experience these symptoms and if so, how do you manage them?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.