Collarbone Pain / Arm pain / Fatigue

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I am a 24 yr old male. A few weeks ago I was sitting at my computer and my collarbone area started to hurt really badly, like burning pain. I didn't think much of it at the time, maybe I just was sitting wrong for a few hours. It went away after a few days and then suddenly my right arm started feeling "weak" and tingly, sometimes numb The doc said she saw a little weakness. I can still walk and pick up things just fine and use my arm. This has lasted a week or so now, on and off with/without pain. My doctor said it might be a pinched nerve but it's affecting both arms sometimes. moreso the right. The sides of my neck started to hurt with a burning sensation also. I got an X-Ray of the area and cervical and it came back normal. Some other things concerning me are muscle twitches all over, especially the legs, near shoulder blades, forehead. Small and painless that last a second or so. The right side of my face has also "felt" weird as in tightness, not sure how to explain it. Feel sort of dizzy but no spinning, kind of feels one sided. I feel so tired and constant worrying about what it could be.

Thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi joe

Go back to your Doctor and tell her you need more tests... I had a similar thing with my collar bone on my right side and a weakness in my arm.. Doctor never gave me X-rays but gave me an anti inflammatory injection in my neck which seem to work... I have arthritis in my spine and neck. Hope you get it sorted soon

• Posted

Hey,

I went back to the doc and she referred me to a neuro which I'll see later this week. The pain has sort of gone away but I still feel the weakness a little in my arm and leg but it's not disabling or anything. She said my reflexes were strong but didn't seem concerend so guess I'll see what the neuro says!

• Posted

Yes. Write down what you just wrote here and go back to the doctor. You could need an injection in your neck, but its worth it. They do need to check for signs of other conditions because I have fibromyalgia and nerve damage and sometimes when I don't sit right, sleep right, walk right, stand right my neck really acts up bad. 

Since you are so young you may want to see if you can get physical therapy. If it is a pinched nerve then yes it can cause tingling and numbness in your hands. If you are having twitching and uncontrolled then you should ask about muscle relaxers or something to help with that. I strongly urge physical therapy. If you continue on and you get older you may not heal so well. An older injury can creep up and ruin a good day. I have experience in that. For some reason if I don't eat Bananas my calves cramp up and I wake up at night screaming. I need real solid fruit with Potassium in it. Applesauce and Pink Lady apples have them too. Pineapple is also a natural muscle relaxer. 

I hope this helps. 

• Posted

Oh, and only take the muscle relaxers for as long as you need them. They can be physically addictive. Not really mentally but your body will suffer if you take them every day. I would only take them or pain meds when you have an episode. 
    • Posted

Thanks,

I saw my doctor again today and she is referring me to a neurologist. She said it could still be nerve issues but was just unsure. I was prescribed prednisone and flexeril but haven't taken the prednisone yet as it's 6pm and I hear it keeps you up. These pains and sensations have taken quite a toll on my mind. They make me anxious and worrysome and I just can't sleep most nights. I'll definately get PT once we can find out what is causing all this.

Joe.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.