Colonoscopy ESD Procedure

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am scheduled to have a colonoscopy ESD procedure next week. I am terrified. The doctor I am using told me that afterwards the wound will not be closed. That scares me and sounds very dangerous. Also, he said that I would be on a clear liquid diet for 2 days afterwards, then a full liquid diet for 2 days after that. I don't understand how my body can recover and protect itself with no nutrition. I am still recovering from breast cancer treatments from last year and I do suffer from increased anxietydue to that. It doesn't help that it's at the same facility either. Already having flashbacks. I've read a lot on the subject but it doesn't really address details of the entire procedure. Has anyone had this done? Please don't lecture me on the necessity of it, I know about that part.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.