Colonoscopy Looking for advice/help/reassurance? 🥲

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi all firstly its been quite some time since i posted anything (but nothing related to above topic) . So long story short- i had colonoscopy and gastroscopy last Saturday after the most unbelievablly AWFUL prep (PlenVu). i was so dyhydrated and still "going" in the colonoscopy unit.

Very weak nausea and then migraine on Sunday and then again Monday (probably due to dehydration) .

Since then appetite isnt awesome but i am eating and have NO stomach pains etc . (Only thing i did have was on first BM a little bright red blood (haemorroids irritation according to nurse i contacted).

My question/ comment im HOPING SOMEONE can help with is - I am

still so exhausted and weak even doing small thing around the house - i get shakey and exhausted and its really frightening me (its now Thursday 5 days after procedure). I do suffer from really bad anxiety disorder so im sure thats playing some part in all this but has anyone had the same experience of just not bouncing back as quick as they say you do im quite scared . Thank you in advance any help appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.