Colonoscopy review

Posted , 1 user is following.

i thought i would write a review as i was absolutely terrified before i had my colonoscopy. however, i was so pleasantly surprised as i had no problems at all either with the prep or the procedure itself. there was zero pain and not even any discomfort. i took the prep as instructed. this started at 7am with 10 pills. then i had the mixture at 730. it tasted lovely. i drank lots of water and around 45 minutes later i had some diarreah. there was no urgency and it was not uncomfortable. i did this maybe 5 times and then there was just sark brown water coming out with no stools. i took the next sachet at 930. but there was no more diarreah. into hospital for 230. they did all the usual checks and put a canula i my arm (which i was also terrified of and which was also painless). i had to wait until 5pm and they did a quick check and gave me a mild sedative and gave me an oxygen mask. i must admit i didnt really notice any difference from

normal though i did feel chatty and happy. i chatted to the consultant all the way through and watch the camera moving through. it was fascinating. non of it hurt at all. i didnt even have any soreness. i would not be concerned at all about having another one. please do not worry. its relatively quick and completely painless. also i had no wind or bloating and felt completely normal afterwards. i celebrated with fish and chips!

2 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.