Coming off depo - how long til you get back to normal?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

I have seen a lot of posts about those coming off depo provera but nothing recent. My last injection ran out last June (2016) just before i got married as i knew it could take about 12 months for your body to get back to normal.

So far i have nothing - no bleeds, no cramps. I have recently (this month) experienced very painful and sensitive breasts which are very sore to the touch - i am assuming this is related (or hoping). I am now trying to conceive despite not bleeding yet. I spoke to my gp who said u can still ovulate even though u dony bleed which has made me feel better because i'm feeling quite down about it.

I wondered if anyone else has experienced similar things, even just to know theres someone else out there who has gone through these things. I do have IBS but been feeling quite bloated for a while now too.

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I was on depo for 12 years (back then the two year limit that is in place now was not in place) and it took 10 months for my periods to return and I fell pregnant on month 11. We are all different though but don't lose hope

• Posted

Thank you for replying. Well i'm on month 8/9 at the moment so hopefully it'll happen soon. 

• Posted

There is hope

i came off Feb 2016 with a hope of ttc and had horrendous side effects felt like I was pregnant swollen breasts sickness constipation etc. And 8 months before I got a period which lasted 3! Weeks!

ive just found out I'm expecting but even up until now I haven't had a regular cycle!

just power through you will get there and everyone is different!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.