Continually varying level with the same dose - Why?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can I do anything to try and have a more stable reading of warfarin level and so be able to have a more stable dose?

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've just posted a similar question and noticed yours which you posted a year ago. Did you find a solution?
    • Posted

Started Warfarin 2 weeks ago due DVT.

Target INR 2.5

Readings so far 2.0, 2.6, 3.4, 3.8, 3.2

Next INR 28/8/15 at which time transfer from DVT clinic to GP practice nurse.

• Posted

Dear Guest ,    I have been using Warfarin for over three years and started to self-test about Nov 2013 using my own Coaguchek  . I have since started my own food/drink/supplement guide and averaged 2.7 INR for 2014  . I have since been having fluctuations and am working on this  .
  • Posted

Check out your diet don't alter it too much

I eat all stuff on banned list but have done for ages so warfarin and diet have settled

ie don't have a week of pizza followed by a week of salads

Never have grapefruit

• Posted

Agreed Gillian  ,  reasonable amounts of " banned " food and drink do not seem to have made any difference to my INR monitoring . Going on to fruit juices , cranberry juice warnings were on US Coumadin( Warfarin ) but I understand that  US Food Administration has authorized removal of this warning now .  I found that getting the right dosage level and sticking to it ,remembering to take meds EVERY day regardless of your work/life pattern affected INR more .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.